The hull has had a further two coats of primer and spot filler and looks pretty good if i don't say so myself. It took a lot of torture boarding and relentless sanding to get there, but i think the hull is as smooth and fair as we are going to get it. We changed over to an older spray gun we have that has a 2.0mm nozzle and we thinned the primer 15-20% with reducer and it went on a lot better than our first coat with a 1.4mm nozzle and only 10% thinner.
We had hoped to spray the hull with colour over the long weekend but the rainy weather (high humidity) has set us back. So instead we flipped the hull over and began fairing the decks and cockpit with Q-cells/ epoxy then spot filler and we gave it a coat of high build primer this afternoon.
At this stage it looks like the topside will take one more pass with some spot filler to fill a few pin holes in the side tanks and help fair in a few more joins etc. Then a final primer coat and we should be good to spray the topsides as well. Therefore potentially next weekend could be a big weekend of spraying and we might be able to get all the colour sprayed by Monday next week (weather depending).
We also reweighed the hull before adding the primer this arvo, it came in at 43.5kg, with bowsprite and rudder gantry in place. So it still looks like a may end up with some lead in the boat (touch wood!).
The new carbon rig is still a few weeks away, as are the fittings from ronstan so we have decided to skip the first round of the state titles in two weeks time. This is probably a good idea as well because uni work is starting build up for the end of October. Our next aim is to have the boat on the water by the end of October so we can get some practice in before the second round of the states in November.
Here are some images of the progress: